Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Texas Hill Country


As my first post on this blog, I thought it would be appropriate to start it with a picture of a whitetail buck.  When Texans think of wildlife in the hill country, they think of  deer and deer hunting.  Deer are plentiful here and in some cases considered a nuisance (especially when they are munching on the suburban landscaping).  This deer was photographed at Pedernales Falls State Park near Johnson City, Texas.  The park participates in public hunts to keep the herd size in check.  I've been fortunate enough to be selected on those hunts a few times but haven't seen any as nice as this one while in the blind.

3 comments:

  1. Thats a big ass deer, dude! I was recently in Denver and saw a deer with 15 pts on one side. I got a fairly decent picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to add a webpart to enable me to follow your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip John! Follower gadget is added.

    ReplyDelete